The Slanica shopping center opened to the inhabitants of Námestovo and its surroundings on March 4, 2021. Prior to its implementation, the tenants, who were interested in expanding their operations to the Námestovo district, were primarily interested in the construction of the project. MG Development Beta submitted the intention of the shopping center to the authorities as early as the end of 2018. The complex grew up in the Páleničky locality on the north-eastern edge of Námestovo in the Luthor park complex.
The shopping center is located on the outskirts of Námestovo, on the exit towards Klin, next to the Accentis industrial park. It brings to the Upper Orava area increased shopping comfort and expansion of civic amenities.
The project provides additional jobs and economic growth in the district, with developers using local companies from the region to implement it.
It is a single-storey building measuring approximately 200 x 30 meters. The shopping center typologically ranks among the so-called strip malls, where small and large business units with individual dimensions of approximately 300 to 1,200 square meters are to be located on a leasable area of approximately 6,185 square meters.
Ten tenants can be found in the OC Slanica complex, such as BILLA, a pharmacy, a DM drugstore, Takko, Deichmann, Intersport, Planeo Elektro, Jysk, the Slanica or Kik café, and a separate Tabak Press kiosk. The center also serves a parking lot with a capacity of 99 stands.
- SPV: MG DEVELOPMENT BETA a. s.
- Developer: MAYFLOWER GROUP s. r. o.
- Contact person for the developer: Lukáš Šarközi
- Project architect: MV ARCHITECTURE s. r. o.
- Estimated project costs: 6.3M EUR
- Estimated project completion date: 24.2.2021
- Estimated date of contract completion with developer: 31.1.2024
- Location: Námestovo
- Ownership certificate No.: 1923
- Plot No.: 42/62, 42/240, 42/243, 42/244, 42/245, 42/246, 42/247